View count: 4362
Research ScopeThe research topics of the faculty in GIPO cover a broad spectrum of photonics and optoelectronics technologies, including
- Display technologies: liquid crystal displays (LCD), design and fabrication of organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs) displays, poly-Si and amorphous thin film transistors for LCD and OLED display, projector techniques, and optical MEMS for display applications.
- Energy technologies: solid-state lighting, solar cells, wide-band-gap semiconductors, novel materials and nanostructures for light-emitting devices.
- Nano-technologies: semiconductor quantum dots, photonic crystals, surface plasmonic crystals, and nm-scale measurements.
- Nonlinear-optics technologies: nonlinear photonic crystals, wavelength conversion, and micro-structure optics.
- Optical fiber communication technologies: active and passive fiber-based devices, and modules and subsystems in optical fiber communications.
- Optoelectronic devices: LiNbO3 waveguides, silicon-photonics, laser diodes and amplifiers, photo-detectors, waveguide devices, optical MEMS devices, and numerical modeling techniques.
- Bio-photonic technologies: bio-sensing, bio-photonic instrumentation, optical coherence tomography, harmonic imaging, and THz imaging.