The research fields of Micro Optics Device Laboratory (MODEL) includes
1. Optical Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (Optical MEMS)
2. Display Technology: Micro Imprinting Technologies for Micro Lenses
3. Optical Communication Components- Optical Switches and Variable Optical Attenuator
4. Display Vacuum Panels Research
5. MEMS Bio-sensors for Carbon-dioxide Gas
The room of the MODEL can be divided into two areas: optical design area and optical component measurement area. The optical design area has three high- speed dual-core LINUX workstations for simulating and calculating traditional optical lenses and diffractive optical elements. In addition, we have a large capacity file server for storing and auto-backing up the simulation and calculation results. We also have licensed commercial simulation software such as ZEMAX, TRACEPRO and OSLO, and we also develop our own optical simulation software for lens design. In the other area, the optical component measurement area has a floating optical table, storage shelf over optical table, red and infrared laser source, beam profiler, power meter, double-row ball bearing linear stages, DC power supply, full color CCD monitor, two 3-D microscope and an image processing PC, which are perfectly suitable for measuring micro-scale optical elements.